Cool Quest wants you to know if your unit is older than 8 years old you need to look into some of these issues…
Repair or Replace? You may want to consider updating your air conditioner if…
…some of your rooms are too hot or cold. Duct problems, inadequate air sealing or insulation could be the cause. No matter how efficient your cooling system is, if your home is not properly sealed and insulated against air leakage, you will not be as comfortable and your system will have to work harder.
…your home has humidity problems and/or excessive dust. Poorly operating or improperly sized equipment could be to blame. Leaky ductwork can also cause these problems, so having it sealed may be a solution. Monthly maintenance of your heating and cooling equipment’s filters may also help. Do it yourself, or let the pros at Cool Quest give you peace of mind by handling it for you.
…your cooling system is noisy. Your duct system could be improperly sized or there may be a problem with the indoor coil of your air conditioner.
…your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. In addition to the rise in energy costs, the age and condition of your heating and cooling equipment may have caused it to become less efficient.
…your air conditioner is more than 12 years old. Improvements are coming at such a rapid pace, when the pros and cons are considered, a new air conditioner may be your best solution. Our technicians can help analyze your balance sheet and offer the best solution for you.
Lower this month’s utility bill with these seven money-saving tips:
- Reduce air leaks in your home by caulking, sealing and weather-stripping around doors and windows. This could save you 10% or more on your utility bill.
- Turn off exhaust fans in the kitchen or bath when they’re no longer needed. These fans not only remove cooking odors and moisture, but they remove air-conditioned air from your home, too.
- Make sure your refrigerator’s seals are airtight. It’s easy to test them by closing the door over a dollar bill. If you can pull the dollar out easily, the seal may need to be adjusted.
- Turn off lights you don’t need to save energy and reduce added heat your air conditioner will have to remove. Standard incandescent bulbs generate a lot of heat, and cost more to run. Replace them with energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Use your dishwasher to wash only full loads. The same holds true for the laundry room.
Call Cool Quest Today
Hernando (352) 270-3312
Pasco (727) 828-6597