Energy Savings How the Little Things Add Up
Taking the time to weatherize your home can help you to maximize energy savings throughout the year and even over our short winter season. There are simple things you can do around your house to reduce energy bills and leave a little more money in your pocketbook during this unusual cold.
Try these tips for keeping your home efficient, and to save money in the long run:
- Turn the thermostat down as low as possible, while maintaining comfort.
- Make sure your heat pump receives regular tune-ups each fall.
- If you have an older HVAC system, replace it with an Energy Star-qualified model. This designation ensures higher performance than the minimum federal standards.
- Install insulation around plumbing pipes to reduce water-heating costs. Cover the exposed pipes that run throughout your home, as well as the first 5 feet of pipes extending out of the top of the water heater.
- Keep appliances and electronics unplugged as much as necessary to reduce standby energy. Set your computer so that it goes into “sleep” mode when not in use.
- Allow the sun’s heat to aid in warming your home by leaving drapes open during the day.
- Use natural lighting instead of ceiling lights or lamps.
- Run only full loads of laundry or dishes. This will maximize the use of your household appliances, saving both water and energy.
- Seal air leaks that occur throughout the home and in the ductwork to greatly reduce the amount of energy lost. Use caulk or weather-stripping to plug leaks around doors, windows and electrical outlets.
- Install a low-flow showerhead and sink aerators to cut down on the use of hot water.
These simple tips, especially when implemented together, add up to big savings on energy bills. If you have further questions on energy savings in your home please contact the experts at CooolQuest Air Conditioning & Heat today! We service Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas and Hillsborough Fl County residents.
Contact CoolQuest today for more Air Conditioning and Heating information and services. We service Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas and Hillsborough Fl County residents.
Live operators standing by!
Call Today 888-817-2455